Positive 4 Paws Training Policy
Our training is based on the kindest, most effective, non-punitive methods. Iain is continuously attending workshops, seminars and courses to keep our training methods up to date. Using positive reinforcement based methods to help you to both train new and modify existing behaviours. We hope you enjoy the sessions as much as we do!
These policies are written in the interest of safety, responsibility and care for dogs and owners.
- Positive 4 paws cannot accept responsibility for loss, injury or damage to person or property.
- Harsh handling is not permitted. We have a complete ban on choke chains, electric collars, prong collars, spray collars and other coercive or punitive techniques, in accordance with the APDT UK Code of Practice.
- Owners are expected to clean up after their dogs when in public places. All dogs must be kept under control and on a leash in public areas, (off-leash only where specifically instructed by Iain). Iain and other trainers are there to help, but you are responsible for the conduct of your dog at all times.
- Children are very welcome to attend the training sessions – indeed they are often the best handlers! However, for the sake of safety and consistency in training, if under the age of 16 they MUST be with an adult at all times. Parents may wish to sit down with their children before their training session to explain how important it is for them to listen and be involved.
- If training in public areas, all dogs should be wormed and fully protected by vaccination as advised by their Vet.
- Payment Policy: Payment is required at time of booking, whether the booking takes place online or over the phone. Payments can be made via most credit or debit cards.
- Cancellation Policy: We hope you won’t have to cancel. However, if you are unable to make an appointment, please let us know as soon as possible. So that we can attempt to fill the slot. Otherwise, anything under 48hours notice will be charged at full rate, and that session will be lost from the remainder of your booked sessions.
- Appointments cancelled one calendar day or less before the arranged date and time, will be subject to the full fee.
- Appointments cancelled two calendar days, or more notice will be rescheduled to a mutually agreeable day and time.
- All rescheduled appointments must be used within six weeks from original booked date.
- No fees will be refunded
- For the avoidance of doubt, a cancellation is a booked appointment which cannot be attended for any reason at the arranged time, date and location stated when original booking was made.
If you have any questions in regards to your booking or before booking. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch. Contact Us